Sunday, November 27, 2011

Movember


For those of you not familiar with Movember, it's the renamed month of November by a group of Australians who wanted to raise awareness (and funds) for men's health issues, specifically for cancers that affect men.

During this month, men are asked to grow mustaches and show their support for this movement. LIVESTRONG also happens to be one of the U.S. beneficiaries of their fundraising. So Carl decided to grow a mustache this year in support. Not only was this super thoughtful of him, it was a big decision considering he just started a new job not that long ago. But he figured he could use his mustache to launch a conversation about why he's doing it.

While mustaches aren't that rare (note: I have never seen my dad without one) they are a little less likely (without additional facial hair) in younger men. So it's been a fun month to see my colleagues and my boyfriend with facial hair that reminds me a bit of my dad, the past and overall of the fight against cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment