Saturday, June 25, 2011

Shed Complete (I think?)

Today I (finally) finished painting the shed. Turns out, it was a much bigger under taking than I imagined.


Kelsey helped me get started a few weeks ago, I did some work on my own and then Jess helped me with the finishing touches today. Needless to say, this would have taken twice as long without their help and I'm not sure I could have survived that. Between the heat and hand cramps, I feel like such a wimp but painting is hard work!

I'm proud of how it turned out although I had hoped the green would be a little darker. It's a little mintier than I wanted but there is no way I'm doing a second coat.

So what's next? Well, we'll continue to eat the fruits (er, veggies) of our garden and begin to work on building out a patio area near the shed.


We (er, Carl) also bought a condo that we'll lease out. At least for now. It's really close to my work (literally I can walk to work) but our current plan is to stay in my house and eventually move into this condo and then build a house out in Dripping Springs on the land he has out there.

Owning multiple homes wasn't necessarily part of where I thought my life would head. But that's probably because there's no way I could afford to do that alone.



It's fun to have a cool, modern condo and think about what it will be like (one day) for us to live in there.


In the meantime, we'll enjoy our mint green shed:






1 comment:

  1. i promise the shed doors and trim aren't pink or any shade of pink. they are an off white and clearly my resolution on my blackberry camera isn't great!

    ReplyDelete