Friday, June 3, 2011

Grillin' and Growin'







Carl and I just got back from our New Mexico road trip and I'm working on a blog (in my head) that will cover that adventure, including lots of pictures.







But, before we get side tracked on that excitement, I've been meaning to share an update on our garden. It's a good thing I waited to update after our trip because we came home to (not only a carefully watered garden by my dad) but 46 total tomatoes in various sizes, 3 budding eggplants, 2 more peppers and growing chard and basil!












We've also started composting in the backyard and are doing our best to manage that.








And, one final bit of exciting news is that we got a gas grill! It was actually an early (yes, very early) birthday gift to me from Carl.








I've wanted one for years and with the addition of the shed (which is done and only needs to be painted....I'll still take volunteers to help...). We had Jim, Kelsey, Devon and Nicole over last week to celebrate Jim's college completion and christened the grill with stuffed-to-order burgers inspired by Your Mom's (the site of mine and Carl's first date).








So food is plentiful in the Sileo/Stewart household. Clearly we're very proud of ourselves!















No comments:

Post a Comment