Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Livin' Off The Land

Ok, we're not really living off our garden now BUT we are getting creative with what we do.




We have so much basil and mint (anybody need any?) that we had to do something with it.



So we made pesto and mint syrup (thanks to Ken's idea) this past weekend. I plan to freeze some of the mint syrup in ice cube trays so you have ready to drink mojitos (just add rum and club soda) and the pesto we're going to eat this Friday with some gnocchi, fresh mozzarella and some of our tomatoes.



I'm guessing our eggplants will be ready to eat next week so I'm sure we'll grill them and/or make some eggplant parm. And our green peppers are coming along nicely.





1 comment:

  1. I mean... if you really need to get rid of it, I wouldn't turn down a bunch of basil ;) I'd love to start gardening.

    ReplyDelete