Friday, March 18, 2011

Lent

Every year I give something up for Lent. While I'm not a (practicing) Catholic, I was raised that way and have given something up every year. Mostly because I like a challenge and goals so it's right in line with my own personal religion, which is mostly focused on results.

This year I've given up one of my favorite things:


Ever since I did the 21 day food challenge earlier this year, I've been trying to limit some unnecessary sugars. Chocolate chip cookies, sadly, are one of them. I just don't feel great after eating that amount of sugar. But I've fallen off the wagon lately and have been eating more and more cookies. So I figured I needed another boost. This doesn't mean I'll never eat another chocolate chip cookie. But maybe I'll save that for the really good ones.....


I also decided to add something to my life during Lent - flossing. I'm not a consistent flosser, although I don't mind it and like how it makes my teeth feel. But recently going to the dentist, I was reminded how much of a difference it can make.


So my goal is to floss everyday for the 40 days of Lent, with the hope that it forms into a habit. So far, I missed one day. I doubled up the next day and flossed twice and have been on track since. It's hard at night, when you're tired and just want to get in bed. But it's less than 2 minutes of my life that I know is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment