Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Letter To An Old Friend

Dear Acne,

Here you are. Again. Why? I thought we broke things off for good last time? We never saw eye to eye. You never understand my feelings and were insensitive and only put your needs first. Your timing was always the worst. Yet, you've come back. Again.

How is it that you know me so well to push my buttons? To arrive just before a vacation? Or when I'm about to go on a first date (no, mom, I'm not going on a first date this week). But I've had it. It's time we went our separate ways. For good.

I know plenty of young teens who would tolerate you. Who would think it was just part of growing up. But I know better. And I don't have to take your abuse anymore. So while I know we've known each other for a long time and maybe you think this is heartless and cruel, it's time for both of us to move on. Forever.

xoxo
Mellie

No comments:

Post a Comment