Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Long Lost Blog....

So I'm back.  Kind of.... I'm actually in San Diego for the next few days, straight off 5 days in Chicago. But I'm (finally) getting caught up on my blogs. At least some of them.

Trust me, I never thought I'd be that person who didn't blog for months. I give my friend, Jen, a hard time about her blog delays all the time. Turns out, I'm that person. Or I was?

Life has been busy. I wish I could say exactly what it was that has had me so busy but when I think about it all I can come up with is work.  As you all know, there has been some very public issues affecting my work place this year.  It's placed a lot of extra demands on all of us and additional responsibilities.  All of which I'm grateful for and enjoying but it's time consuming, to say the least.

So typically when I get home at night I'm either too tired, still working or not focused enough to blog.

But I'm going to turn it around.  At least for tonight!

Sadly the first update is not exactly good news.  It's about our chickens.  After over a year of taking care of 5 little chicks and enjoying fresh eggs and newly sprouting sunflowers in our yard (due to their food and, er, digestion), we are a chicken-less family.

As you may recall, we lost one chicken last summer, who had gone rogue.  Then, in the matter of one week, the remaining four chickens were attacked and killed.  I'll spare you the details but I'm so grateful for my amazing husband who really dealt with the after math of all of this.  While we don't know exactly what happened or how they were getting to the chickens, what we do know is that whatever killed them was very determined and came back multiple times over the course of the week to make sure none were left.

So, while I'll miss the chickens and the delicious eggs, we'll take a break from having a chicken family for awhile. Later this year, we're moving into a condo and will rent out my house so it would have been an issue to deal with then anyway.

In the meantime, I learned a lot from Barley, Gerty, Peggie, Patricia and Petunia.  RIP.




No comments:

Post a Comment