Saturday, March 16, 2013

Good Night Moon

Recently my friend, Colleen, hooked me up with some tickets to a production of 'Good Night Moon'. She works at a local theatre and they do special children's productions and this time it was for the book.

I was planning to spend an afternoon with Lucie and Audrey who both know that book so it was a perfect activity to do with them.

Before that, though, we went to our favorite lunch place, Mandola's (who recently introduced some gluten free options so we can now go back with Audrey) and played at a park.  I love those girls so much, my heart swells just thinking about them.

While I thought the show was amazing, it was a little bit of a challenge for Lucie and Audrey.  It was the first time they've seen anything in a theatre and I think the loudness was not to their liking.  At first, they loved the stage and props and were mesmerized by how much it looked like the book.  Audrey was on the edge of her seat with big eyes but soon those big eyes filled with tears when Lucie got scared of the 'yelling' and dark and despite my best efforts to explain to them why the actors were 'yelling' we only lasted about 20 minutes.

So it was a good effort but not a complete success.  The rest of the day was amazing, though, and I plan to try again with them one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment