Saturday, March 16, 2013

Things That Make Me Proud.....

I feel pretty lucky in my life to be surrounded but such inspirational and highly motivated people.  Two examples of those are the team that I work with at LIVESTRONG.  They are some of the most amazing, dedicated people and I feel privileged to support their work helping people affected by cancer.

My direct team has been taking quarterly outings for the past few years. It's a chance for all of us to get out of the office, together, on a half day of work and do something non-work related.  We rotate who plans it and it's a fun way to learn about what your co-workers like and to take some deep breaths since we're all so busy all the time. We've done things like scavenger hunts, game playing, volunteering and paddle boating. This time we spent the afternoon having a picnic at a local park and going on a hike.  It always feels stressful to try and leave work early but the minute we're out of the office, it's worth it and I'm so glad we do this.


Other things that make me proud are the great friends that I have.  Recently my friend, Haley, completed an 8 week Crossfit challenge. She ate 90% paleo and worked out 4x/week. In the course of her 8 weeks she lost a lot of weight and inches and I improved her work out ability.  The final day of her challenge, everyone who was participating in this event had a final work out.  Devon, Kelsey and I went to cheer her on and not only was that a surprise to her, she kicked butt!  I'm so proud of my friends who focus on achieving something and then do!  Here she is during her final work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment