Friday, June 15, 2012

Three L's and an A

Last weekend my mom came in town at the last minute. Chris and Missy had a Southwest voucher that was about to expire and were in desperate need of a mini vacation. So they flew my mom into town to watch the girls while they went to San Antonio for the weekend.  It was great timing since I was in town all weekend and Carl had projects at the land. 

On Saturday I invited Jen and her girls, Larkin and Layne,over for a backyard play date.  The girls are all within a few months of each other so it's adorable to see them interact.  They all got in the pool (although not all at the same time), played on the swings and blew bubbles.  While there were some tears, they were quickly alleviated by dragging the girls back to the bedroom to try on my wedding dress for them.  How easily they are distracted by pretty things....just like me.

After pool time we went to Mandola's for lunch. Lucie loves it there and we always go there with Larkin and Layne so as soon as she knew they were coming over for a play date, she asked if we could go there. Audrey is still pretty agreeable to anything and since Lucie is in a pretty bossy phase, we were off to Mandola's. 

The rest of the weekend was spent entertaining the girls in between naps. We had bath times, errand running and even drove out to the land where we'll get married to show my mom the progress that Carl has made. Lucie and Audrey are both adorable and exhausting but I'm so glad I got to spend time with them.

My mom is now back in DC working on addressing our wedding invitations!  She has amazing cursive thanks to a lifetime of Catholic school!

1 comment:

  1. Larkin and Layne had so much fun with Lucie and Audrey! Mandola's is our special place. Next time, playdate at our house!

    ReplyDelete