Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Austin Blues

This is about the only time of year (for maybe a few weeks or few months....it depends) that I really don't like Austin. It gets really hot and stays really hot....for months.  Admittedly this summer hasn't been as bad (until this week) compared to past summers but I'm already tired of it.  So, at times like this, when it's 106 outside, I need to remind myself of why I love Austin. So here goes (in no particular order):

1. Mexican Food
2. Margaritas
3. Fresh (made-to-order) guacamole
4. Town Lake Trail
5. Winter temperatures
6. Local farms and veggies
7. Chickens allowed in my backyard
8. Sense of community
9. My friends
10. My nieces
11. My job
12. My life

Yes, overall, I love my life here. See - I just needed to take a moment and think about all the great things that Austin has brought into my life. I'll just be much happier, when the temperatures cool off, which hopefully happens in less than 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment