Saturday, September 10, 2011

Continued Celebrations






I'm lucky enough that I had multiple birthday celebrations. After the yummy dinner with Jen and Sue some friends and I got together for a happy hour on my birthday proper. After some failed attempts at bars (either closed or had private events going on), we ended up at Takoba, a local Mexican place. The drinks were tasty and the company was even better.

After drinks and apps, Carl and I went out to dinner, just the two of us to Green Pastures. It's a historic restaurant in Austin that I'd never been to before. They're mostly known for hosting weddings and for the peacocks that roam their land. The food was really good, too!

I then left the next morning for the next 11 days. First, I had some work travel, where Carl flew to meet me. We then drove to Corolla, NC to meet my family for a week's vacation. I wish I had taken more pictures but these were the only ones worthy of posting. It was a relaxing time with my family and great for Carl to get to know them better. Despite the fact that I worked more than I'd like on on vacation, I got in plenty of pool and some beach time, ate great seafood and enjoyed loving on my nieces.

Later this week, for my final birthday celebration (now this just sounds silly), Jess and I are going to Sonoma, CA for 4 days. While I'm very excited to be home now, I'm equally as excited for that trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment