Saturday, August 27, 2011

35 Years Young

So I'm turning 35 on Tuesday. While it's hard to believe and I'm not sure what I thought I'd feel or expect overall I'm very grateful. I have a life that I love and great people to share it with.

Last night was the first of several upcoming birthday celebrations. Sadly, I had a stomach flu earlier this week so this was my first venture out with real food in days. I both wanted to enjoy my meal and not push my luck.

So, Jen, Sue and I went to Parkside - a place I've been wanting to try for a long time. For the past 4 years, Sue, Jen, Haley, Devon and I get together once a month for what we affectionately call 'MGD' (Monthly Girls Dinner). It's a way for us to try to ensure we see each other on a regular basis and get to try new restaurants - some of our favorite things. It's always the last Friday of the month - sometimes all of us make it and sometimes it's just a few of us. But no matter what it's always a great time.

If your birthday happens to fall in that month (and, surprisingly our birthdays are all in different months) then you get to pick the restaurant.

So thanks to Sue and Jen for kicking off my birthday celebrations this year! Today I am especially grateful for the wonderful friends I have - near and far.




1 comment:

  1. Good thing you blogged to remind me (-: I'll call ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete