Monday, January 3, 2011

Holidaze

How are the holidays already over? This happens every year so I shouldn't be surprised.....

I didn't travel this year to see my family. While I've stayed in Austin for Christmas before, this was the first time I wasn't with family. While of course I missed them, I also really appreciated not traveling and having over a week of time in Austin to get caught up on some things and just enjoy the life I have here.

I may not have been as productive as I wanted over the break but I ran a lot, saw a lot of friends, a few movies and hosted some people at my house on Christmas Eve. Christmas day was spent with Jess, Ken, Kelsey and Jim at Jess and Ken's house. Buster also got to join in this year's festivities, which was extra great for me.

I feel pretty great about how 2010 ended (really about how the whole year went for me) and even better about how 2011 has started so far. I'm not one for superstition (I'm just a 'little stitious') but I did manage to eat some black eyed peas on New Year's Day. There's no need to tempt fate or push my luck.

Now it's (almost) back to work. I decided after the Thanksgiving holiday that the best day to take off work is the day where everyone else is returning. So, I've got one more day at home. My big goals today are to walk Buster (poor little guy is quite neglected during training season) and get my car's oil changed. Besides that I've got some cooking to do.....

I signed up for a 21 day food challenge. To clarify - this is not a diet! I am not interested in losing weight but I am interested in feeling better overall and seeing if the food I put into my body impacts my energy levels.

Two of my friends, Devon and Kelsey, did this program in November and had great results! After their discussion of how well they were sleeping, I was sold! I haven't been a great sleeper since I was a child. I fall asleep just fine but wake up a lot throughout the night.

The 21 days to food freedom focuses on eating vegetables, proteins and fats and eliminating the unnecessary things - like dairy, processed foods and alcohol - for 21 days to see how you feel.

Everyone's goals are different but mine is to really see how what I eat impacts how I feel. I'll certainly keep you all posted. While it may be difficult to not drink for 21 days I know I can do it. After the holiday craziness of eating and drinking a lot, I'm ready for a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment