Saturday, January 29, 2011

2011 So Far....

This year has been pretty great so far. I can't believe it's February in a few days and Spring is (and feels) right around the corner.

Between a budding romance, a great job (and in a few short weeks finally getting paid the right amount for this great job), wonderful friends and family, I'm feeling like a pretty lucky girl.

I know I'm worth it and I know that this exact feeling won't last forever but I'm going to enjoy this happiness for as long as I can. There was an Oprah episode this week on happiness and there was a quiz you could take.

There are some obvious happiness factors but some not so obvious - like how much tv you watch, if you know your neighbors, how far you live from work. Turns out, I'm pretty happy!

I'm reminded of the Sex and the City movie (the first one) when the girls are sitting around discussing happiness with their significant others. Charlotte says she feels happy all the time. Maybe not every minute of every day but she's happy. And that's how I feel.

Is it wrong to question this though? To feel guilty that I am this happy? Even if it is, I'm not going to stop this for as long as possible.

For those of you who wanted an updated on my 21 day challenge - I'm done! It was a huge success - I feel completely unaddicted to sugar, slept great and had consistent energy throughout the day. I even felt like my running improved.

So while I'm back to some of my old habits (mostly wine) I'm still minimizing my carbs and sleeping great!

No comments:

Post a Comment