Sunday, November 14, 2010

Party Success

Last year, Jess and I co-hosted a clothing swap at her house. It was such a huge success, we decided to do it again this year and it was my turn to host at my house!

I've had a few events at my house in the year I've lived here (can you believe it's almost been 1 year!) but I always get excited to have people over. Not only is it a good excuse to clean it's fun to share my house love with others.

For those of you who don't know what a clothing swap is, essentially we invite all of our girlfriends to clean out their closets. Whatever you find that you don't want, need or doesn't fit anymore, you bring to the swap. This could include clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry and scarves. Among the group of women, there are most likely 1 or 2 people who are similar sized to you and then it's a free for all! We organize the items in categories and then you just take what you want.

After we're all done taking what we want, we show each other what we picked out and discuss the items. Then we bag up the leftovers (of which there are usually a lot). This year we donated items to Dress For Success and Goodwill. Despite the fact that many of us got a lot of items, there were still 7 bags of items left to donate.

I've found that I'm more likely to bring an item to a swap than just donate to Goodwill directly (even though it may end up there eventually). Somethings that I may be reluctant to let go of, I like the idea of knowing that they may go to someone else's home. Truly, one person's junk is another person's treasure.

Best of all, it's like going shopping without spending any money!

While the clothing swap part if fun, it was also nice to have people over. I really enjoy entertaining and I think last night was a big success.

So same time next year, back to Jess's house? I hope so!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun! I got some great stuff and appreciated the nudge to clean out my closet.

    ReplyDelete