Friday, November 29, 2013

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens…..

So to my few faithful blog readers (if there are any of you still out there?), I owe you a big apology!  It's been months since I wrote a blog and, frankly, it hasn't been a priority the way it used to be.

My friend, Devon, had a good idea. Rather than torturing myself feeling guilty that I'm not blogging anymore or forcing myself to do something that doesn't really feel as genuine to me as it did when I started she suggested that I get some closure.

Literally.

So I'm officially closing my blog.  It's actually quite timely.  It was four years ago yesterday that I wrote my first blog post - with the convincing of Devon, Haley and some wine after a lovely Thanksgiving meal.  I had just bought my home as a single gal and thought it would be a great outlet to share my trials and tribulations with my family and friends.

It was a fun ride and a lot has happened in those four years!  I met and married Carl, grew to love another dog, became an Aunt again and traveled to many new places.  And, most recently, we moved.

While I loved my little house it was time to move on.  We were a little cramped in our 670 square feet and it always still felt like 'my' house.  So we moved into a condo closer to downtown (and 2 blocks from my office) that Carl owned but had never lived in before.

It's been a month and I'm so happy.  We're pretty well settled in and are about to put our Christmas Tree . So while I was sad to move on from a house that brought me so much happiness and created so many memories with me, it's time for a new chapter.  But not a new blog.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment