Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ideas Please!

So tonight I got an email from my mom asking where my blog was and telling me she missed reading it. I was both touched and saddened. I've been so busy with work lately - literally working 12 hour days - that blogging seems like the last thing I've had time to do. But that's the part that makes me sad. Because while I love my job, I don't want it to be my life. In full disclosure, work has been overwhelming lately. I'm feeling more stressed out and inadequate than I ever have but I know I'll get through it. I'm grateful to have such great learning opportunities.

But enough about work (as if I don't think about it enough already....)

I wanted to prove to you all that I have done things besides work in the past few weeks. Here are some pictures of my Austin friends and me in Alabama at Haley's wedding. It was such a great event. I truly can't believe after attending (and being a bridesmaid in) the number of weddings I have that I haven't grown tired of them. I love weddings and will be well versed in them once my own rolls around.

So if you all have anything you're dying to hear from me about - updates, thoughts, musings, suggestions, etc. - do tell! Because my creative juices are running low right now.
Colored pictures looked great when we first got to the wedding reception:
And then we started to sweat a bit so Black and White photos worked better:
If she does say so herself, she 'sure is a pretty bride':

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, you're doing a great job at work!!! And I love reading your blog too, no matter what you post about. If I were going to make a request, I might ask for fashion advice or tips on cute scrunchy-less hairstyles ;) Or since it's a home ownership blog, perhaps something on closet organization. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine you ever being inadequate at anything you do (-: You're a rock star (-: Keep up the great work I'm sure you're doing!!! As for scrunchy-less hairstyles?? Are there any?
    And I would like a post about ummmmm......food or kids--things people do with their kids in public that annoy you. (-: I always hate getting glares from women dressed to the T who are sipping their coffee reading a book when my LOUD son comes up to say hi....so I'd like to hear your opinion of kids in public (-:
    love you

    ReplyDelete