Friday, November 27, 2009

Blame it on the alcohol


After a couple of good cocktails with some good friends, I've been convinced to write a blog. I've often thought of blogs as self-serving (sorry, friends) and as an exposed diary. But now that I'm at a turning point in my life, about to purchase my first home, I can see the appeal in wanting to document and share my experience with my loved ones. I'm both lucky and grateful to have the support and love of so many people across the world.

People who want to know what I'm doing, how I'm doing and where I'm doing it. Rather than innundating inboxes with email updates, I invite you to Welcome Home, Mellie!

Monday, November 30th 2009 marks my first home purchase and closing date. The following days are lined up with deliveries, packing, moving and installations. To get everyone started, a sneak peak of my new pad follows and then we'll take it from there.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Can't wait to add yours to my nightly blogroll. xoxoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world, Mellie! So much easier to do updates and share pics w/everyone! Will add you to Pottsfamily4, if that's ok!? Can't wait to see your new home! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house! Can't wait to hear more about it all and see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog! How exciting... I love that you're sharing. I'll admit that my blog is self serving. It's my way of organizing, documenting, sharing, scrapbooking, and remembering all the little details that I'm afraid I'll forget. I know you'll be glad to have these memories when you look back years from now.

    ReplyDelete