Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Goals

I just read my friend Haley's blog who posted on her goals for the year and I felt inspired to post about mine.

For the past 5 years some friends and I have held each other accountable to our goals. We document them at the beginning of the year and then have monthly lunches where we check in with each other.

It's not meant to be punitive if we don't reach out goals.  But if and when we do reach them we get everything from a round of applause to colored star stickers.  We are easily pleased!

This year some of my goals focus on simplicity.  Last year felt like such a hectic year, from the start, that I'd like this year to be about minimizing some things in my life (some things...I'm not going to suddenly stop shopping. That's just crazy pants - for me).

So I found a few things on pinterest and got help from Devon who focused on decluttering her house last year and am working on removing the physical and emotional clutter from my life.

In addition to some of these ambitious goals I'm also working on the following:

Flossing more
Accessorizing more
Picking a marathon to run in 2014
Planning my work sabbatical
Taking advantage of the free yoga and pilates at work
Going to visit Katie and Rob

And more....

This week, while the second week of January, really seems like the first full week of the year.  Carl is back on the road for work and I am working 5 full days in a row.  I have been known to over commit my free time but this week I had zero plans after work besides running and pilates.  So I have been home every night and it's been lovely.  I've gotten caught up on small projects around the house (i.e. an ever-growing ironing pile, some thank you notes, working on planning Jess's baby shower) and I've gotten to bed early and just enjoyed not feeling frenzied or rushed in the evenings.

So while I know weeks like this are rare I'm really appreciating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment