Monday, October 22, 2012

Musings

There's a lot happening in the world right now. Some things that impact all of us like the presidential election. Some things that impact many of us like Lance and his latest news. Some things that impact my closest friends and family like our wedding.

It's hard to balance all that's going on right now and still focus on trying to get through the day to day to-dos. Some days feel really hectic and tense.   I have done what I can to influence the presidential outcome (yay for early voting in Texas) and will continue to do what I can do to ensure that LIVESTRONG is seen as a separate entity from Lance.  Now I must focus on my wedding.  This is the only wedding I'm planning to have and it's such an exciting and memorable time.

I have heard many times that the wedding day will fly by. That I will hardly remember anything.  I'm sure this will happen to me (because why wouldn't it if it does to everyone else) so I really want to make the most of the time I have leading up to the wedding.

I'm officially off work for 3 weeks now. This is the longest I have ever taken off work and the timing is good and bad. Currently my days are filled with errands and self care and beginning to welcome visitors into town.

Katie and Rob arrived from England on Saturday night and we spent most of Sunday with them. It was so special to me. Not only because it was great to see Katie but I loved getting to spend more time with Rob and for them to get to know Carl.

So I apologize if I'm not the greatest blogger in the coming weeks as family arrives and our free time is taken up with last minute errands. And as we head off to Spain (without my computer!) and enjoy our much needed honeymoon.  But I will have some great stories to share in a couple of weeks!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you're up front holding his hands..maybe have your officiant have you guys..take a minute to stop and look around at all your friends and family watching you....now I'm crying....so happy for you. can't wait to see you.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE
    s

    ReplyDelete