Monday, July 25, 2011

Heat Wave

Austin is (once again) having record heat this summer. Every year I either forget or I'm in denial about how hot it gets here - and for how long. Summer came upon us super quickly this year. Last I checked, we've had over 40 days above 100 degrees so far. And the sad thing is that we have at least 2 more months of summer left.

Some of the only things that keep you cool in the Austin summers are cold drinks (margaritas please!), swimming and air conditioning......

And mine broke. Again. For the third time in less than 2 years my AC broke. I came home from babysitting Lucie and Audrey one night last week to a warmer house. I slept in it that night (it was tolerable) but that couldn't last.

Luckily I have Carl and a warranty. Carl tried to fix it but couldn't. So I called my warranty company and they came out on Saturday morning. Turns out, it was all part of a bigger problem. Luckily, it could be fixed and I didn't have to pay a dime. Unluckily, a part had to be ordered and it wasn't going to be fixed until today. Luckily, Carl just bought a condo!

So we moved to the condo for the weekend. It's close to downtown (and my work) and where I think we'll live in the next couple of years. For now, we're renting it out (to a fellow colleague) but no one has moved in yet so we got to camp out there for a few days. While we didn't have all of our home amenities, it was fun! I'd wanted to do this at some point anyway.

So while I'm happy to be back at home doing laundry and sitting on my couch (yes, I look forward to super lame things), I enjoyed our weekend at the condo and it made me excited to live there one day.

So while the hot, hot summer continues I am grateful for air conditioning, pools and margaritas, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment